1. What is the cost of employing a provider from nighthospitalist.com?
Considering that an in-house hospitalist is paid $100-$140/hr we charge a low rate of $60/hr for a maximum of 50 medical-surgical beds. The cost to cover medical-surgical Beds over 50 are further negotiated.
2. What are the responsiblities of a Hospitalist Employer or Hospitalist Group?
- A Back up physician that can be available for emergencies. This role can be fulfilled by the daytime hospitalist or Emergency room Physician.
- A rapid response team or Code team.
- A remotely accessible Electronic Medical record is reccommended but not mandatory
3. What are the responsiblities of an NHC provider
- Telephonic/Telemedical treatment of patients on the medical-surgical floor, telemetry, low acuity ICUs and Emergency room.
- Pertinent patient care changes overnight are to be communicated to the daytime physician in the morning.
- Use of EMR to document medical care